Use the form on the right to send us an email.

Our postal address is:

Bob Dempster

Seattle World Cruiser

300 Airport Way Ste 203

Renton, WA 98057


9401-9947 Airport Way S
Seattle, WA, 98108
United States

May 24

May 24th - 25th

Daily Flight Information:
The World Flight is in Tokyo, Japan making necessary repairs and conducting preventative maintenance on their aircraft before continuing to Kushimoto, Japan, the next scheduled stop.

Fliers visit Tokyo

Daily Report

by Lt. L. P. Arnold "Chicago" Mechanic 

We all left here at 9:00 for Tokyo and were glad that our uniforms arrived in time for us to wear them. Both days were filled with receptions, luncheons, dinners, teas and dances and while we were terribly busy every minute, we enjoyed it all. We met many wonderful people -- met the ambassador, Minister of War, Minister of Navy, Prince Kuni who decorated us, the faculty of Tokyo University, at a big dance Saturday evening met the entire diplomatic corp for every one of them was present, met all of the American colony at a tea, had a luncheon at a Mr. Ausanod's, who has an internationally famous home for his collection -- and altogether had a time that passes all attempts to describe. A huge crowd were at the station to see us arrive, crowds hung out in front of the hotel during the day in hopes of seeing us come or go, we were all given beautiful presents, a battery of newspapermen and photographers followed us about and to stop for a second was the signal for them to open fire. We met many brilliant and wonderful people, everyone was ideal to us, and we saw so many wonderful things that when it was all over we were in a daze.

Engineering Report

by Lt. E. H. Nelson "New Orleans" Pilot  

Kasumigaura, Japan - On landing at this station, it was found that no suitable dollies were available to remove the planes from the water. The dollies used by the Japanese for their small training planes were not satisfactory for the Douglas cruisers, due to their greater weight. Two of these dollies, however, were used for the planes by tying them together. It was also necessary to build tracks out of large 6x6's, in order to pull the planes from the concrete runway, around a small hangar and into a hangar large enough to house the planes. Two days' time was required to build these tracks. All three planes were taken out of the water, and pulled into the hangar. It took about 75 Japanese mechanics to do the job. All cowlings and engines were removed and new pontoons installed. The planes were thoroughly cleaned, new engines, larger radiators and new propellers were installed. All metal parts were again covered with No-oxide. No signs of rust, however, could be found where No-Oxide had previously been applied. Exhaust manifolds were installed. The engines installed at this station were from Rockwell Field. It had been found that Rockwell Field engines were smoother in operation and cleaner in appearance than the McCook Field engines. After all the above work, the planes were put back in the water and flight tests with small loads. Everything functioned satisfactorily. General inspection, routine work and servicing prior to take-off.