Use the form on the right to send us an email.

Our postal address is:

Bob Dempster

Seattle World Cruiser

300 Airport Way Ste 203

Renton, WA 98057


9401-9947 Airport Way S
Seattle, WA, 98108
United States

May 26th

May 26th

Daily Flight Information:
The World Flight is in Tokyo, Japan making necessary repairs and conducting preventative maintenance on their aircraft before continuing to Kushimoto, Japan, the next scheduled stop.

World Fliers Continue Preparing for Next Hop

Daily Report

by Lt. L. P. Arnold "Chicago" Mechanic 

The other boys returned to the post last night, but I stayed over and this morning went to the bank and got money for the flight.

I had lunch at the Tokyo Club with the boys from the embassy and later in the afternoon went to the Mexican Embassy reception with Maj. Faymonville and there met a very wonderful Japanese girl.

My train left at ten so the rest of the time I spent with the Navy and Embassy crowd downstairs in the Imperial.

At the field a new motor was put in #2. The officials here have been more than kind to us -- autos are at our beck and call, always there are one or more interpreters with us at all times, all the manpower we could possibly use is at our disposal, and the entire place & shops & facilities for us to use if we will.

We are housed in the Officer's Club where we have private rooms and baths, a separate mess hall and a special cook to prepare American food, and three orderlies to take care of us. The Japanese sailor is a very clever, healthy, smart, and quick man, and even though we can't talk in their language to them, they are astonishingly quick to understand our meanings.

Engineering Report

by Lt. E. H. Nelson "New Orleans" Pilot  

Kasumigaura, Japan - On landing at this station, it was found that no suitable dollies were available to remove the planes from the water. The dollies used by the Japanese for their small training planes were not satisfactory for the Douglas cruisers, due to their greater weight. Two of these dollies, however, were used for the planes by tying them together. It was also necessary to build tracks out of large 6x6's, in order to pull the planes from the concrete runway, around a small hangar and into a hangar large enough to house the planes. Two days' time was required to build these tracks. All three planes were taken out of the water, and pulled into the hangar. It took about 75 Japanese mechanics to do the job. All cowlings and engines were removed and new pontoons installed. The planes were thoroughly cleaned, new engines, larger radiators and new propellers were installed. All metal parts were again covered with No-oxide. No signs of rust, however, could be found where No-Oxide had previously been applied. Exhaust manifolds were installed. The engines installed at this station were from Rockwell Field. It had been found that Rockwell Field engines were smoother in operation and cleaner in appearance than the McCook Field engines. After all the above work, the planes were put back in the water and flight tests with small loads. Everything functioned satisfactorily. General inspection, routine work and servicing prior to take-off.