Use the form on the right to send us an email.

Our postal address is:

Bob Dempster

Seattle World Cruiser

300 Airport Way Ste 203

Renton, WA 98057


9401-9947 Airport Way S
Seattle, WA, 98108
United States

September 3rd

September 3rd

Daily Flight Information:

Departed: Hawkes Bay, Newfoundland
Arrived: Pictou Harbor, Nova Scotia
Miles Flown: 430
Flight Time: 6 hrs. 34 mins.
(11:10 a.m. to 5:44 p.m.)

Total Miles Flown: 19,960
Total Flight Time: 278 hrs. 31 min

World Flight Arrives in Nova Scotia,
Lt's Wade & Ogden Rejoin Flight

Daily Report

by Lt. L. P. Arnold, "Chicago", Mechanic

The early weather here & the reports were all discouraging for a trip today so we stayed around the boat. About 9:00 better reports came in & at 11:00 we hopped off. As we went along, the weather grew better finally clearing nicely. We passed the Milwaukee, Brazos, McFarland, Coglan, & Richmond [US Navy ships] all of which we could see for long distances ahead.

Nearing Pictou we were met by a seaplane from the Royal Canadian Air Force which escorted us in. As we circled over the harbor we saw Wade's plane ["Boston II"] at anchor, the American & Canadian destroyers, crowds of people along the waterfront, and everything with a whistle was tooting it.

Upon landing we met [Lt] Wade & [Lt] Ogden [Crew of the ill-fated "Boston" lost on August 4th], McDonald & Bertrandis who had brought the "Boston II" to Pictou. Soon we were taken ashore, placed in autos, and joined the parade -- Scotch band, highlanders, American & Canadian sailors, school children, etc. Streets decorated with flags & bunting, signs, lights, & redfire. Parade ended at platform, speeches, etc. After going to the hotel had a private dinner -- lobsters, beer, etc. -- and later went to a dance.

The spreader bar of "Chicago" was broken enroute to Pictou.

Daily Report

by Lt. L. H. Smith, Commanding

This morning at 11:10, the flight took off for Pictou, following along the coast of Newfoundland, over Cape St. George, across Cabot's Strait and along the coast to Nova Scotia, reaching Pictou at 5:44. Lieut. Wade was waiting here with the Boston II, ready to rejoin the flight; the Boston II having been flown from Langley Field by Lieut. George C. McDonald and Lieut. Victor E. Bertrandias; Lieut. Wade going to Pictou on naval vessels under the command of Admiral Magruder.