Use the form on the right to send us an email.

Our postal address is:

Bob Dempster

Seattle World Cruiser

300 Airport Way Ste 203

Renton, WA 98057


9401-9947 Airport Way S
Seattle, WA, 98108
United States

September 8th

September 8th

Daily Flight Information:

Departed: Boston, Massachusetts
Arrived: New York, New York
Miles Flown: 220
Flight Time: 3 hrs. 40 mins.
(11:58 a.m. to 3:38 p.m.)

Total Miles Flown: 20,840
Total Flight Time: 290 hrs. 24 min

The three World Cruisers in formation on their way to New York. (National Air and Space Museum, Smithsonian Institution)

World Flight Arrives in New York City

Daily Report

by Lt. L. P. Arnold, "Chicago", Mechanic

By 10:00 we were at the field and at noon took off for New York -- via Providence, New London, New Haven, and Bridgeport. It was an exceptionally clear day, especially over New York City & every place saluted us. New York was especially interesting -- could see crowds on streets & in open spaces, could see where traffic stopped, etc.

At Mitchel Field a big crowd awaited us -- nearly mobbing us upon arrival. We were escorted to the stand where Senator Wadsworth made a ringing speech, met the Prince of Wales, and many others. Col. Hennsley entertained at a buffet dinner, & then we spoke over the radio again. A dance at the Officers Club held sway -- & the big treat to us was to see the movies taken of us at different places along the route just traveled.

Some of us couldn't withstand the temptation & later went to New York City just to look around & to see the "bright lights" once more.

Daily Report

by Lt. L. H. Smith, Commanding

At 11:58 this morning, the flight took off and followed General Patrick's plane from Providence, Rhode Island; to New London, Connecticut; to New Haven, Connecticut, and over the City of New York, landing at Mitchel Field at 3:38 p.m. Another large crowd of people were present, among them being Senator Wadsworth of New York, the Assistant Secretary of War, Dwight Davis, and the Prince of Wales. The reception being held on the field, the personnel of the flight were able to return to their planes shortly after to prepare for the flight to Washington.